Great White Whale Center
The Great White Whale Center (the actual association) attaches great importance to your privacy and the protection of your personal data.
In this privacy statement we want to provide clear and transparent information about how we handle personal data. We do everything to ensure your privacy and therefore handle personal information with care. In all cases, it complies with the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR).
This implies that we at least:
• Process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided, these purposes and type of personal data are described in this Privacy Statement;
• The processing of your personal data is limited to only those data that are necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
• Do not transfer personal data to other parties.
• To be aware of your rights as a person involved with regard to your personal data, to make you aware of this and to respect it.
As a factual association, we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If, after reading our privacy statement, or in a more general sense, you have questions about this or wish to contact us, you can do so via the contact details below:
1.1 Why do we process personal data?
Your personal data will be processed by the actual association for the following purposes and legal grounds:
Reason why: to inform you of our events and other similar events via newsletters (mail)
When you register for events or workshops
1.2 What data do we process?
We may store, collect, and process the following personal data of your questions for the following purposes:
- Identification data for newsletters: name, first name, e-mail
- If you are a customer with us where we have to write an invoice, also company name, VAT number and address
- If you register for an event: Name, First name, Tel number and e-mail (these will be removed from our data after the event)
1.3 Who processes the data?
The data is processed by us and only the mail addresses and your name are processed on it
For one-to-one mailing we use Gmail, which we also have extra security with double code.
1.4 Distribution to third parties
If necessary, to official bodies, if they request it.
We do not provide any personal data, if someone wishes to contact you, we will contact you sooner with this question, so you choose whether you respond or not and what information you share. We certainly do not sell data.
Furthermore, we will not pass on the information provided to third parties unless this is legally required and / or permitted, such as in the context of a police or judicial investigation.
We can also share personal data with third parties if you give us permission for this.
This permission can be withdrawn at any time, without this affecting the legality of the processing for the withdrawal thereof.
We only process personal data of persons under the age of 18 if written permission has been given by the parent or legal representative.
1.6 Retention period
Great White Whale Center does not store personal data for longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or is required by law. Great White Whale Center undertakes not to keep the data longer than 10 years after the file has been closed.
1.7 Security of the data
The following appropriate technical and organizational measures have been taken to protect personal data against unlawful processing:
• We use a username and password policy on all our systems;
• We make backups of the personal data in order to be able to restore it in the event of physical or technical incidents;
• We regularly test and evaluate our measures;
1.8 Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to inspect, copy, modify or delete the personal data that we have received.
You can contact us for this via the address mentioned above.
In the footer below every mailing you receive from us you can unsubscribe immediately by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us directly about this.
You always have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority (GBA):
https: // www.data protection authority.be
1.10 Change of privacy statement
Great White Whale Center can always change the privacy statement. The last change occurred on May 23, 2018.